I rarely eat healthy, It’s something my body has failed to do and the fact that I never gain any weight from all the fattening and junky food I indulge in does not help.
When I do try however, I make it as fun as I possibly can. I have always made and eaten pasta salads but this one is a recipe a friend introduced me to a couple of months ago and I have not made pasta salad any other way since. It’s a combination of my two favorite things and I encourage all of you to try it out
- 500gms of Pasta Penne
- 350gms Shredded Tuna
- 4 Tablespoons of Light Mayonnaise
- 2 Onions finely chopped
- 3 gherkins cut into cubes
- 1 Capsicum (Green Pepper) finely chopped
- Black Pepper for seasoning
- Parsley for garnish
- Put pasta to boil for about 8-10 minutes, when pasta is ready drain the water and let pasta cool for about 5-6 minutes.
- In a bowl throw in the shredded tuna and continue to lightly shred it further
- Throw in the onions, gherkins and capsicum and mix lightly within the bowl until they are one
- Add the four table spoons of mayonnaise to the mix and gently stir
- To this mix now add the black pepper, of course measure to your desired taste
- Add the now cooled pasta and mix everything together
- Throw in a little parsley for garnish and store away in the fridge for about 30-40 minutes
You are now able to enjoy this healthy goodness, this particular recipe with exact measurements serves four.
By Bradford Kamuntu